html codes/links

Unique hits since September 2011
hit counter

Blogs by Women Humor Blogs - Blog Rankings Bloghints Blog Directory

Search Engine Submission - AddMe

Read it and weep!!!!

IQ Test
Free-IQTest.net - IQ Test

2.22.2012

Inapropos Modesty

I've always known that I was highly intelligent, although it was only recently (the past six years or so) that I came to a full understanding of exactly how smart I really was.  Life is challenging as a gifted child.  You learn very quickly that teachers become frustrated with students who are too quick to answer every time; after all, you don't want to make the dumb kids feel bad about themselves.  Then of course, there is the innate sense of insecurity of most children, who express their feelings of inferiority as aggression, a Freudian defense mechanism that keeps them from feeling pain surrounding their sense of ineptitude.  I learned to keep quiet most of the time, when I was sent to the next grade level for reading every day to work independently.  Thankfully, I was lucky enough to have some very intelligent friends, and since then, have always managed to connect with an increasingly rare breed: highly intelligent, sensitive people.  At the tender age of 21, I found myself involved with a kinky pervert 15 years older than myself, an entertainment exec with Universal Studios and then with Warner Bros.  Interestingly enough, age was never quite an issue between us, since I was extremely mature and independent for my age.  In my 20s, I found myself involved with older people simply because most of the people my age were so shallow, immature, and dependent upon others that it became a chore to be around them.  As a matter of fact, I am more content to be alone than to endure 20 minutes of mindless conversation surrounding mundane topics with an idiot.  I later went on to date a financial sales rep, an insensitive playboy with lots of expensive toys and an appetite for travel, another music industry professional, and later, a film producer turned real estate investor.  As the old saying goes, birds of a feather flock together, for reasons that they themselves generally do not analyze, but understand intuitively.  By the time I was 30, I had traveled the world, been engaged twice, finished an advanced college degree, held professional licenses in two states, and had two bright, alert, feisty babies.  It is, unfortunately, highly difficult to find people who are within the same echelon as myself both intellectually, physically, and emotionally.  I have been burdened with wisdom at a young age and cursed with a milleu of idiots incapable of abstract thinking or deep conversation.  I had always believed that modesty was a virtue, and that unabashed braggarts were classless and debased.  However, what I learned is that modesty in our modern society often goes unrecognized, since the majority of people have come to equate insincere, mostly mediocre braggarts with greatness.  These are those who believe that having "social skills" means accosting every person in the room with brash, tasteless commentary and unwelcome plugs for their new business.  Yes, I have been guilty of false, insincere modesty and was upholding the practice of a social nicety which is a relic of former times.  Endowed with a wide variety of talents and skills which just seem to come naturally, I have discovered that, for most individuals, greatness cannot be coached, networked, or implanted via mommy and daddy's money spent on an ivy league education.  It simply emanates from within.



It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am. - Muhammad Ali

Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose the former and have seen no reason to change. -Frank Lloyd Wright

Modesty: the gentle art of enhancing your charm by pretending not to be aware of it. -Oliver Herford

Great men are rare, poets are rarer, but the great man who is a poet, transfiguring his greatness, is the rarest of all events.-John Drinkwater

If you only believe that you're an artist when you have a big advance in your pocket and a single coming out, I would say that's quite soulless. You have to have a sense of your own greatness and your own ability from a very deep place inside you. I am the one with the litmus test in my hands of what people need to hear next. - Lady Gaga

To vilify a great man is the readiest way in which a little man can himself attain greatness. -Edgar Allan Poe


Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com

No comments: