html codes/links

Unique hits since September 2011
hit counter

Blogs by Women Humor Blogs - Blog Rankings Bloghints Blog Directory

Search Engine Submission - AddMe

Read it and weep!!!!

IQ Test
Free-IQTest.net - IQ Test

4.22.2012

More Self Discovery: Enneagram Typing

I've always been kind of skeptical of the enneagram, since I've always gotten different results (even with the same tests) depending upon my mood when I take them.  It's definitely does not have the  applications of the Meyer's Briggs, which was developed specifically for clinical use.  Still, I find myself vaguely interested in it, and decided to take several different tests to get the most well rounded picture of myself possible.  It seems to appear that I am most likely some combination of 8 and 7.


Similar Minds Enneagram Test
Your main type is Type 7
Your variant is self pres


Your main type is which ever behavior you utilize most and/or prefer. Your variant reflects your scoring profile on all nine types: so = social variant (compliant, friendly), sx = sexual variant (assertive, intense), sp = self preservation variant (withdrawn, security seeking).




Enneagram Test with Instinctual Variants 
You are most likely a type 8 (the Challenger) with 7 wing  (Sexual variant)

Type 8 SX
Type 3 SX
Type 1 SX
Type 5 SX
Type 4 SX
Type 7 SO
Type 9 SX
Type 6 SX


RHETI Enneagram Type Indicator Resuts:  Your highest score will indicate you basic type, or it will be among the top 2-3 scores. You have answered all the questions -- terrific!

Type 1 Type 2 Type 3 Type 4 Type 5 Type 6 Type 7 Type 8 Type 9
6 4 4 3 3 2 5 5 4



This was the last one I took, which involved choosing pictures or icons that were most pleasing to you.  This seems to be the one test which is entirely divergent from most of the others, and probably the least acurate.  Yeah... I'm not really seeing the 3, honestly.  

Enneagram Explorations Test

Enneagram Type 3
Performer, Motivator, Achiever, Producer or Status Seeker
You want to be competent, efficient, accomplished and dynamic. Most importantly, you want to be good at what you do and to look good doing it. You may have problems with vanity. Under stress you may be self-promoting, self-deceptive and competitive. At your best, you are self-confident, motivated and productive.
http://www.enneagram.net/tests/sampler

It's interesting that one of my psychotherapists seems to have believed I was the ultimate 7, but I think I am more of an 8, since I've never had some of the addictions that 7s tend to be absorbed with, like drinking and drugs, and although I've jokingly refered to myself as a "sex addict," I'm not truly a sex addict either.  Also, I would describe myself as more of a "realist" than an "optimist." I do however, have a wide variety of interests and enjoy sensual pleasures, such as food, massages, and of course, BDSM.  I'm pleasure seeking, but in a pretty controlled, responsible sort of way, rather than an abandoned manner.  In addition, it often helps to determine how you respond in stress and in comfort, as an 8 will often act out the unhealthy aspects of a 5 in stress, and go to 2 in security, while a seven will go to 1 in stress, and 5 in security.  

The trouble with self reports is that people often have an unconscious need to see themselves differently than they truly are, for a variety of reasons.  Here, I could go off on a tangent about questions of test validity and design, and the importance of using a well designed test as opposed to the disastrous consequences of relying upon poorly designed tests for important information. This is probably why most official and clinical tests are subject to constant statistical analysis, reviews, and modification. The only effective way of examining a person's personality is by looking at the history of their actions.  As the old saying goes, actions speak louder than words.  Of course, I don't hold much stock in the enneagram anyway.

Related Links:

http://www.9types.com
Enneagram 8 humor
Enneagram 7 humor



No comments: